Friday, November 23, 2007

I went to Jon's school last Monday for their Thankgiving Feast. Parents were invited to come have lunch with their kids. Charlie tried really hard to make it, but couldn't.
The school has a beautiful new cafeteria that makes it much easier for everyone. Jon was able to easily pick what he wants, then he goes to the register & punches in his 5 digit PIN number. It was so cool to see! I also got to find out what he likes to eat there. He has 3 favorite items. Hamburger, hot dogs, and nachos. The hamburger & hotdogs are alternated as the everyday hot sandwich that kids can get instead of the main item. Nachos are (I think) every Thursday. He also likes to get the fresh fruit with a salad. I decided to go back to letting him eat school lunches because it's more important for him to eat, than to worry about ingredients right now. (Besides, this is some pretty good stuff!) And, the hamburgers are actually soy!
I got to meet Jon's school buddies. This is Kiera. She absolutely adores Jon! There's another girl, Clara, that used to be in Jon's PPCD class last year. They love playing together as well. Then there's a couple of boys that he hangs with. They all insisted on informing me that Jon used to say bad words, but now he doesn't! You have to look closely to see why I took this picture. If you look at the front of his car, you will see a flashlight jammed in there. This is his headlight! He came up with this yesterday, & I just thought it was too cute & creative! Oh yeah, and my Christmas tree got put up yesterday! That has Jon sooo excited about Christmas! He went to turn on the lights as soon as he woke up this morning.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We had a yummy meal, as we thought about all the things we are thankful for. The thing is, we talk about what we're thankful for all the time. We don't need a holiday for that. We do, however, need the holiday, so we'll accept it! It's always nice to get a couple of days off.

We love all of you, and think of everyone often!

1 comment:

daria said...

Jon is the cutest!
How exciting that you already have your tree up. I just didn't feel right about putting one up until December, on the other hand, I never feel it's up long enough so now I'm thinking it would be ok.
xo