Tuesday, October 21, 2008

At the beginning of October, we decided to go on a weekend road trip to San Antonio. We needed to get away after a rough week.
After checking into the motel, we went to hang out at the pool. Jon got a little freaked out in the big pool. I think he's used to the floaties that YMCA has, and didn't like being carried around the pool by us. Luckily, the hot tub wasn't really hot at all. It ended up being the perfect place for Jon to play.Time to practice blowing bubbles in the water.
The next morning, we went to the San Antonio Zoo.
Lately, Jon has been a bit afraid of butterflies and dragon flies. I hoped that taking him into the butterfly area would help. It did. He hasn't been afraid of either since.
These blue moths were hard to get pictures of.



We stood watching this bird for quite a while. It seemed to show off for it's meal, but we never saw it eat. Maybe it realised that the food wasn't going anywhere!
I love this shot of the tiger licking it's paw! I couldn't resist getting the cheesy picture next to the sign! There seemed to be so few pictures of Jon.We went for a ride on the train around the park. It was a nice ending to the day.
We went back home ready to tackle the next week.

No comments: