Sunday, July 29, 2007

Last Sunday, we did something that I never thought we'd do. We took Jon to a LowRider car show! (The things that we do for our kids!) I gotta say though, it was fun. There is an incredible amount of pride in these cars, and most of them are works of art. Jon was in heaven!

This car would be "driving like that". It's called "3 wheelin'"
Notice the little version 3 wheelin'! I'm not even sure what to say about this one!
Notice how happy Charlie is! The reason Jon looks so overwhelmed is because of how noisy their display was. That speaker in the background was blaring scenes from the movie they are promoting. (Based on those scenes shown, it's guaranteed to be an absolutely horrible, violent movie, by the way!)
After looking at the cars, we went to watch the hopping contest. Jon has been watching clips of this on YouTube for the past few weeks, so we knew he'd love it! With the trucks that are this high up, they alway run the risk of tipping backwards, and not landing back on their tires. They want it to go as high as possible, while still landing on it's own. All of the cars in this contest are really just full size remote control cars!
The MC had commented that the pretty cars don't hop as high, because the owners don't want them torn apart. Then, this car came out & proved him wrong! The cars really do get all torn up, though. We saw bumpers fall off, axles break, metal was flying everywhere on some of them! There was a clean up crew on the side, always ready to sweep up debri.

This was the "dancing" contest. By far, Jon's favorite, although the shortest part of the show. Those are sparks coming off the car, and it was on fire by the time he stopped. Even on fire, the guy didn't stop the car's dancing! I guess it's worth it for the chance to move on to the next round at a different city.
This was a dancing truck.



After that, we went to look at the lowrider bicycles and kid's cars. Hey, I think I want a Kermit The Frog bike!
The kid's cars showed some real sense of humor, and there were quite a few that are for little girls! I didn't get very many, as my camera was running low on power by then.


I thought this was one of the coolest vehicles there!

All in all, it was a fun day at the car show! We expected to hear loud, yucky music, but it wasn't like that at all. Only some of the vendors had super loud music, but we just avoided them. Even during the hopping contest, the music wasn't bad. We were very pleasantly surprised!



No comments: