Friday, September 14, 2007

The Smith Family Reunion was tons of fun! Thanks to Dianne for getting it all together!
I tried to mostly post pictures that I don't think Daria got, although I know that there are some posted that we both got. I can't wait to see Daria's pictures!

The cousins waste no time in starting play time! Baxter shows Jon how to look through the kaleidoscope. Summer works on a 3D puzzle.

I love this picture of Kristin!

Gayle & Dianne chatting.


Jon goes to Great-Grandma for a hug!


Baxter & Jon work on a puzzle together.


Each of the kids got to take a turn ringing the lunch bell. These are actually in reverse order. Baxter went first, and Jon went last. All of them had fun doing it, though!



Jon shows off his climbing abilities.
A quiet spot to read. Anna the monkey!

Jon & Baxter heading back from lunch.

One generation of the Smith Family Tree!
Jon didn't know what to make of this huge dog.
Looking at the jellyfish at Monterey Bay Aquarium. Susan decided to give Jon a ride.
Watching the kissing penguins.

4 generations!

My gorgeous sis, Daria!
A brotherly chat.
A pair of Ottos.
Grandma, Daria, and Candice enjoying each other's company.
Byron created fantastic designs on each of the shirts. Here, he's doing Summer's shirt.
How Summer was able to comprehend any of that with everything going on around her, I can't quite figure out! Daria & Grandma share some thoughts.

What a cute couple!
Byron drawing on Baxter's shirt.


Daddy created his own lounge chair!
Jon got all dressed in his new swim suit, and didn't even get wet! We ended up too busy to make it to the pool. That's okay. We were having too much fun elsewhere!

Byron & Stanford

Helping Stanford to fly the kite.
Byron finally got to fly his kite!



Walking to lunch.
The sounds of my childhood.
Jon just fell in love with Susan. But then, we all did!
A Daddy moment.
What a beautiful couple!
Jon played the violin for a long time. He was completely exhausted, but didn't want to stop!

Jon playing the concertina.


Mother-Daughter musical moment.


Video of Jon playing the violin.

4 comments:

Granny Smith said...

Josie, what gorgeous photos! May I steal some of them for my blog? Several of us have been sharing reunion pics on facebook. Who is signed up there? Kristin, johnny, Anna, Susan, Cedric, Byron, Myrtle, Candace, Clinton, Sterling, and me. Maybe you'd like to join?

I loved visiting with you, and ALWAYS enjoy photos of Jon

Granny Smith said...

Josie, what gorgeous photos! May I steal some of them for my blog? Several of us have been sharing reunion pics on facebook. Who is signed up there? Kristin, johnny, Anna, Susan, Cedric, Byron, Myrtle, Candace, Clinton, Sterling, and me. Maybe you'd like to join?

I loved visiting with you, and ALWAYS enjoy photos of Jon

Granny Smith said...

Whoops! I hit the Publish button twice, by accident.

oxox

Unknown said...

I love the pictures Josie. Thanks for the nice comments too. The reunion was a blast, and it was wonderful to meet everyone.