We went camping to Guadalupe River State Park last weekend. We weren't sure if the trip was going to happen, after Charlie got sick. However, he has made an incredible recovery since coming out of the hospital the second time. He insisted that he was well enough for the trip, and would take it easy.
I just couldn't help taking this one, with the dirt on Jon's nose.

Here's Charlie, keeping his word.

We went for an evening walk to go see a story under the stars. Before hand, we walked to the river. This was my first time seeing an armadillo up close.

Jon was infatuated with throwing rocks in the water.

I took this picture Saturday morning. It was such a sweet sight, I couldn't resist.

This was just part of the view at the river. It was incredible.

The water was so low where we were, you could lay down in the middle, which is exactly what we did!

We got to the river at about 9:30 in the morning, and there were about 4 other families there. When we left, the river was packed with people. That was around 2pm!


Jon was excited the find that I had brought the water guns!

At one point, I had a dragonfly decide I was it's friend. It kept landing on my finger every time I held my hand out. It was really cool!

Jon needed a break from the water. After some Mommy cuddles, and a snack, he was rarin' to go!

This time out, Jon wore his hat out there. The sun was much higher by this time.


When we got back, we had lunch. Then Jon fell asleep in the hammock. During his nap, Jon had a dragonfly land on the hat covering his head.


That night, we took a walk around the camp site. Jon had a new camp light that looks like Daddy's.

Sunday morning, I managed to get Jon to take a shower. This is not something he usually likes. However, he loved this new way of getting clean, as I showed him a few tricks to not get as much water in his face.
As soon as we got back to camp, he was in the dirt playing!

Jon had to fetch his ball after it landed in the "wilderness".

Last time we went camping, we decided to make treasure hunts a new camping tradition. This trip was no exception. I hid the Get Well Bear for Jon to find.

Jon has gotten really good at these treasure hunts!

Jon found the bear in Daddy's pocket!

Time for a swing in the hammock before it gets packed away!

We were all extremely happy to have been able to make this trip. Camping has become an important part of our lives. The fact that Charlie was able to go camping without getting out of breath is amazing. (Although his pleurisy did bug him a bit.)
Charlie wants to thank everyone for thinking of him while he was sick. He felt the love of the entire family. He continues to get stronger every day, and will soon be able to return to work.
1 comment:
These are all wonderful...from Jon's grubby little face, to the daddy/son cuddle to the dragonfly on your finger. Fun family time is the best!
lovesies,
dw
p.s. Congrats on your BIG Career news!!
Post a Comment