Sunday, July 13, 2008

Jon & I had a very pleasant 4th weekend. We spent most of our 4th of July in the hospital, keeping Daddy company. We left early enough to avoid post fireworks traffic. Jon got to see some small fireworks displays in the distance, and on the streets going home. This was enough for him. I offered to walk the neighborhood to check some out, but he's too smart for that. He said "no, I just want to go inside."
For those that didn't get the news, Charlie ended up spending another week in the hospital. The pneumonia started coming back, and he also had a VERY bad case of pleurisy. Neither of us had ever heard of it, so we didn't realize that Charlie was at risk of developing the most painful secondary infection anyone could imagine. He's feeling much better now, and the pleurisy is slowing fading. Anyway, back to Jon's weekend...

On Saturday, I took Jon rollerskating. He had gone once with the day care, and loved it.
Pardon the low quality of the photos. My camera has it's limits, and this pretty much went past them!Jon very quickly got to the point where he didn't need to hold my hand. He did fall a few times! He thought the falls were so funny that he would periodically do it on purpose. This time, he caught himself before falling.
He's getting the hang of it.
He loved the disco ball!
This picture is super dark, but so cute! Jon decided to "shake his booty" while on the skates!
With me taking so many pictures, Jon figured it was his turn. I let him have the camera for a few minutes. This is what he got!
After skating, I took Jon to see Speed Racer at the discount theatre. This is only about the 5th time seeing it! Our entire family has Speed Racer fever! Charlie & I grew up with it, so to us it's wicked cool! Jon thinks it's the greatest movie ever, even topping Cars & Curious George.
On Sunday, Jon & I went to Costco to stock up. I got a beautiful bouquet of flowers, hoping that Charlie would be home Monday. The moment I got the flowers arranged, and on the table, the phone rang. It was Charlie calling to say that they were sending him home that afternoon! Yeah!!! We quickly got out the door to get him. The flowers have continued to brighten the room and remind us of how great it was to bring him home.

2 comments:

daria said...

what a blast from the past...i kind of forgot about roller skating rinks. I just love the quasi-futuristic floor patterns. I'll bet in the 70's it was really cool. now? not so much.

also, i love the photo that jon took of you. so fun!

we are all happy that Charlie is home and starting to feel better!!

xoxoxo

daria said...

I'm excited to hear about your camping trip!

I hope you are all doing super-duper well!

xxoo