Jon has been missing his best friend, Zachary. So, I decided to pick up Zachary from the day care to let the two of them spend some time together. I knew I was going to be in for quite a day! They are both rambunctious, and silly.
We went to a historical ranch not too far away. When they saw each other, both were super excited to discover that they had identical jackets!
This was my view of the boys for most of the day!

The farm has a tram that goes around the park.

Our first stop was to see how cows used to be kept healthy.

They had the cows swim through a dipping bath to demonstrate tick treatment. The trough is 10' deep to make sure that even the biggest cows got a thorough treatment. It used to have some pretty toxic stuff in there. Now, it's just chlorinated water.

We went walking around the park. This was actually one the the few times that the boys were walking, rather than running.

I saw this tree, and couldn't resist taking a picture. As you can see, neither one of them is really off the ground by much.

This is the tractor that pulled the tram.




This was the most interesting display there. The boys were shown where bed bugs might be hiding, and how the mattress is held up. We found out that the mattress is held up by ropes, and they had to be checked every night for bugs to make sure the ropes held tight. That's where the phrase "sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite" came from.

The boys were each handed a bit of cotton to get the seeds out. We were then shown how the cotton is spun into thread.

Before leaving, we took the tram all the way around the park. The boys took turns taking pictures with Jon's new camera.

We stopped to visit the horses on our way out.

Jon and Zachary had a fun day together! Both of them were super tired. Did that mean I had a quiet ride back to the day care? NO! Of course not!
1 comment:
Josie, I have just looked at your entire archive of posts on this blog. I am really impressed with your skill and sensitivity to your subjects and the creativity of your camera angles etc. Even more I am impressed with you and Charlie as parents, providing Jon with a wealth of delightful experiences. What wonderful childhood memories he will have!
For ABC Wednesday I intend to post Z is for Zebra entirely from your blog, with credit to you, of course.
XOXOXO Grandmother Phyllis
Post a Comment