The game was supposed to be on Saturday, but it got rained out. Since all games must be played, the other coach & I agreed to have the make up game during my practice time. The down side of makeup games, however, is that you have to wait for a field to open up. They are first come-first serve on non-game days.
Jon did really well during the practice time before the game. He kicked the ball back & forth with a little girl. Once the game started, he refused to participate. I think the other parents cheering on their kids kind of freaked him out. By the time we have our last game, he'll probably be out their with the rest of them. I did get him to throw the ball back onto the field once, though.
By the way, our team is called the Dolphins! And I didn't even come up with it! What's even better, we had no idea what our team colors were going to be at the time. We ended being black & white! How cool is that! (The Gators lucked out by getting black & green!)
We had to wait for a field to open up, so our team practiced kicking the ball back & forth. Jon did amazingly well during this part!
The Dolphins are lined up, & ready to be announced!
Each player has been called to the field, and they are ready to play!
It's amazing how fast 4 years can kick a ball!

The ball went out of bounds a lot, so the game has to be stopped to get it back on the field.
It's amazing how fast 4 years can kick a ball!
The ball went out of bounds a lot, so the game has to be stopped to get it back on the field.
After the game, the parents form a bridge for the kids to walk under. They thought that was great fun! The Team Captain is always the first to go through. Each kid takes a turn at being Team Captain. There is even a sticker for the uniform for them to wear during the game! This is cool stuff for these little guys!

2 comments:
Jon is utterly cute in all your excellent photographs. I wish I had had a (non-existant at the time) digital camera when my kids were young. For that matter I could have used one when YOU were young
Wow!! What a Kick.
Cool outfit! Neat team.
Looks like lots of fun!
Post a Comment