Before Jon's last game, he decided that his car needed to be cleaned. Good thing too. A couple of hours after our game, major storms came through and wiped out any chances of games being played. And to think, if he hadn't thought to get that car cleaned then, it would have been dirty the rest of the weekend!
Jon was the Team Captain for this game. He was happy to kick off at the start of the game. After that, he didn't really do much. Later, we figured out that he was starting to get an ear infection, so that may have played a part. 
And he kicks!
Last week, the day care had a performer/educator come do a show for the kids. He brings several performing birds, and talks about the choices we make. It was a wonderful show that had everyone's attention. When I say everyone, that includes 18 month olds, up through 11 year olds! That just doesn't happen very often! He even had the adults riveted.
This bird loves to hang upside down! We were all supposed to be ignoring it, but I couldn't help taking a picture! It was too cute!


This was the finally, of course! Talk about getting the kids excited!
After the show, all of the kids got to hug Precious. Jon loved that part! Plus, each parent had the choice of having their child get a picture taken with Precious (for a price.) I went ahead and let Jon. I was glad I did, his expression in the photo is priceless! I haven't had a chance to scan it into the computer, but I'll be sure to post it when I do.

These are a couple of pictures from the soccer party we had. In both of them, you can see how "thrilled" Jon is. Part of this is because of something that had happened right before we handed out trophies. Jon had found a car there at Chuck E Cheese. He was thrilled with this find, until it's rightful (I assumed) owner saw it & claimed it. Needless to say, Jon's mood went down hill fast!
The parents all were asking me that night if it would be possible to keep the team together for the fall season. I had to break it to them that FFPS doesn't believe in doing that. It's more fair for the kids, and they make more friends. It does look like I might be coaching again in the fall. It was fun, and Jon did enjoy it. Everyone seemed to think I did a good job, and I'll know more going into it.

No comments:
Post a Comment