Saturday, March 01, 2008

Jon had his birthday party the last Sunday. His first surprise was to find a brand new big boy booster seat where his car seat used to be!Charlie made a bean bag toss game for the party. The kids all loved it! The bean bags I quickly put together from some left over fabric. I set up a treasure hunt for the kids to work on together. The clues were all made using as many "sight words" as possible. (High frequency words that the kids have been learning.) Jon was able to read every clue!The birthday boy got to carry the loot back to our table!
I was going to make cupcakes, but then we found these monstrous ones at Costco. I put a car on each cupcake, and let Jon pick which car went on his.

One of the games that was at the top of Jon's list was a pinata. Jon thought it was pretty cute to smack the fire truck! Jon's carefully picked over goodies went into the front section that Daddy was thoughtful enough to grab for him.
Nicholas picked out a cool shirt for Jon!


No comments: